Are you wondering whether social media is right for your business? Social media offers a way to connect and reach targeted audiences, anywhere in real time, drive repeat business and attract new customers.
eMarketer says that one in every four people will have a social media account in 2013 across the world. This shows how much popularity social media is gaining so can your business really afford to ignore it?
Here are 8 facts that show how social media is making big impact on business.
- Facebook is leading amongst the other social media networks with 82% of small businesses registered, followed by 73% on YouTube, 47% on Twitter and 47% on LinkedIn (Source: Mediabistro).
- 80% of businesses use social media for monitoring and collecting information about competitors to their businesses (Source: Socialmediatoday).
- 80% of customers on social networks prefer to connect themselves to brands through Facebook (Source: Socialmediatoday).
- 53% of businesses use social media as an engagement tool for customer support (Source: Socialmediatoday).
- It might also be surprising to know that 86% of social referrals are done by Facebook, while 11% on Pinterest and 5% on Twitter (Source: Socialmediatoday).
- 46% of online users look on social media before making purchase decision (Source: Neilsen).
- 71% of users of social media websites say that they are more likely to purchase products from a brand they follow on social media (Source: Digitalsherpa).
- 25% of customers use social media websites to search for local businesses. This is a big opportunity for businesses (Source: Digitalsherpa).