Effective, fun and relevant content is an essential part of any social media strategy. Social content is an immediate reflection of your brand image and the reason your audience will engage with you. That’s why it’s essential to build a content strategy into any campaign.
A well thought through plan will give you direction, ensure your messages are consistent and you are part of the conversation.
Here are some top tips in creating engaging, useful and dynamic content.
- Generate a content plan for at least, the next six months. Share exciting news, a new product launch, your business anniversary, and ensure a regular flow of content. This is an essential part of growing awareness, establishing an audience and fostering engagement. If you go quiet you risk losing your audience.
- Use proactive and reactive content. Planned content can be classed as proactive if you are actively planning and creating content over a long period of time. Part of your planning must also consider being reactive too. Answering queries and responding to negative or positive comments or reviews.
- Time your content. As part of your content plan create a calendar that considers what you are going to say and when you’re going to say. Make sure it’s relevant to where people are in their lives and the season. Nobody wants to hear about Christmas in January, but they will want to know about the January sales. Check out Google Trends, What’s Hot on Google Plus or trending Hashtags on Twitter or Facebook.
- Tell a story. A large part of social media is storytelling. Capture your customer’s interest and make them invest in your company story. The most successful companies are the ones that have gained our interest in their story to the point where we want to share it with other people. We want to be associated with them.
- Measure your success so far. A very important part of your content planning strategy should entail finding out what content worked and what did not. This has to be a constant process. Don’t waste time creating and publishing low impact content; focus on the themes that are proving successful and reflect this in your planning.
Good content may well be the reason why a customer decides to interact with you.